MUNITIO to Release Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Earphones
San Diego, CA – September 29, 2011 – MUNITIO, a precision sound control brand specializing in mobile lifestyle electronic accessories, today announced an exclusive partnership with Activision Publishing, Inc. to launch a licensed Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 Special Edition version of its upcoming Billets 9mm tactical earphones. The most anticipated game of the year, Modern Warfare 3, will release worldwide November 8.
“We’re thrilled to partner with an iconic entertainment brand like Call of Duty® to introduce one of the most kick-ass mobile audio devices to music and gaming lifestyle enthusiasts worldwide with the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Special Edition Billets 9mm earphones,” said Robert Benjamin, co-founder of MUNITIO. “The Billets line of 9mm earphones has been engineered for ultra high performance audio at a level normally found only in much larger and more expensive headsets.”
“Not only do the Billets sound amazing, the rugged tactical flair makes them a perfect visual match for like-minded Call of Duty fans,” said Daniel Massaro, co-founder of MUNITIO. “We knew it would be epic to come out with this special edition version along with our new Billets 9mm earphones line and we are stoked to be able to deliver ahead of the Modern Warfare 3 game launch.”
The MUNITIO Modern Warfare 3 Special Edition Billets are machined from aircraft-grade billet aluminum, reinforced with Kevlar®, laser etched with the iconic game logo and come with a suppressor in-line mic to deliver a premium audio experience for music, communications and mobile gaming. Top features include:
· 9mm speaker drivers with rare earth neodymium magnets for superior dynamic range and quick recovery
· Precision machined lightweight aluminum billet components with high strength, anodized for durability
· BassEnhancingChamber engineered to produce the tightest, most accurate bass without distortion
· Custom-tuned Sound Flow System for the smoothest mid to high frequency response while minimizing ear fatigue
· SiliconeHollowPoints tips with noise-isolating technology designed for a secure, comfortable fit, producing better sounding music while requiring lower volume levels
· Kevlar® reinforced rubber cable, combining light weight and high strength to protect the premium copper wire
· Suppressor [M]ic Control for crystal-clear voice and hands-free calling with single-button functionality
· 24k gold plated 3.5mm stereo plug providing exceptional audio signal transfer
· Compatible with most leading industry smartphones, MP3 players, laptops and tablets
· Technical Specifications: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, Sensitivity: 101 db +/- 3 db at 1 kHz, Rated Power: 3 mW, Max Input Power: 10 mW, Impedance @ 1 kHz: 16 Ohms
· Also included: Tactical Carrying Case, six sets of SiliconeHollowPoints (two each in S, M and L sizes), two Earhooks, and a 2-Year Limited Warranty
MUNITIO gained notoriety in the audio world in 2010 with the launch of its SITi Nine Millimeter Earphones (MSRP: $159; $179 with in-line mic). The combination of premium materials, authentic eye-catching designs, industrial grade coatings and unmatched audio performance resonates with musicians, DJs, celebs, music lovers and audiophiles.
Call of Duty fans can pre-order their Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Billets 9mm Special Edition Earphones now from Best Buy, GameStop and MUNITIO.com/MW3Billets. The Modern Warfare 3 Billets will be available on October 23 at an MSRP of $89.99. MUNITIO will also be releasing Winter and Battle Gray colorways as part of the Billets 9mm tactical earphone line, available exclusively at MUNITIO.com and select lifestyle electronics partners.
MUNITIO is a precision sound brand specializing in electronic accessories for the mobile lifestyle. Latin for “defense works and fortification,” MUNITIO (mu-nish-eo) stands for quality, utility, and performance. Its products are recognized for innovative avant-garde design, the highest quality materials and leading manufacturing methods. With vast experience in music production, specialty metals manufacturing, visual arts and fashion, the MUNITIO team brings unmatched craftsmanship to portable electronics peripherals. MUNITIO is a division of BDA, Inc. For more information on MUNITIO and the MUNITIO [MLM] Mobile Lifestyle Movement, visit MUNITIO.com.
Activision, Call of Duty and Modern Warfare are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc.
KEVLAR® is a registered trademark of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company. BDA, “MUNITIO”, “Billets”, “SiliconeHollowPoints”, “[M]ic Control” and “BassEnhancingChamber” are trademarks of Bensussen Deutsch & Associates, Inc. Patents pending.